Bryn Newydd in centre of photo
Bryn Newydd Treboeth 1905
At about 1940 Bryn Newydd was taken over from the Morgan family, by the Sisters from Ireland, an Anglican Order who later moved to St David's in Pembrokeshire. Bryn Newydd was used as one of the first nursing/rest homes (charitable) in the 1950's. There was a beautiful chapel where services were held every day, the Sisters coming over to St Alban's on Sundays.
St. John's Priory - 1948
An afternoon at St. John’s Priory Treboeth, in July 1948 with the Mayor and Mayoress of Swansea Sir Williams and Lady Jenkins in attendance.
St. John's Priory eventually became the Pines Country Club
The Pines Country Club - 18th December 2006
The Pines closed on 31st December 2006
14th September 2007